Events & Workshops
- Thu, Mar 18Redheaded Stepchild on ZoomCati Porter, Robbi Nester, and Marly Youmans read from and discuss The Plague Papers, an ekphrastic e-anthology hosted by Poemeleon.
- Tue, Apr 13Moreno Valley Public Library on ZoomJohnny Bender and Cati Porter read from their new collaborative chapbook during National Poetry Month.
- Mon, Feb 15Online EventWith Robbi Nester, Amy Small-McKinney, Diana Henning, Judy Kronenfeld and Marjorie Maddox.
- Tue, Mar 03University of California Riverside ExtenThe Body at a Loss, a collection of poetry, is centered around the topics of illness and recovery and cancer and surgery and mothers and friends. In this presentation, I will talk about my books, about where my inspiration comes from, and you will learn some new strategies for getting your own story
- Wed, Feb 12UCRInlandia Institute panel reading and publishing talk.
- Sat, Sep 14Made.Support local artists! Support my local literary nonprofit! If you're in the Riverside area, stop by at 11 a.m. for a reading from my new book, The Body at a Loss, or stop in anytime during business hours that day (10 am - 6 pm) and pick something while giving back.
Photo taken after a Zoom launch reading for The Plague Papers, a special e-anthology guest edited by Robbi Nester. Background image from an NPR piece about penguins visiting a museum during the pandemic, which served as inspiration for "Field Day"
Cati Porter has read or spoken for UCR Writers Week, Skylight Books, Beyond Baroque, Los Angeles Review of Books Publishing Workshop, Woodbury University's Page and Stage Conference, and many more. Contact her here.