Photo taken after a Zoom launch reading for The Plague Papers, a special e-anthology guest edited by Robbi Nester. Background image from an NPR piece about penguins visiting a museum during the pandemic, which served as inspiration for "Field Day"
Events & Workshops
- Tue, Apr 13Moreno Valley Public Library on ZoomJohnny Bender and Cati Porter read from their new collaborative chapbook during National Poetry Month.
- Thu, Mar 18Redheaded Stepchild on ZoomCati Porter, Robbi Nester, and Marly Youmans read from and discuss The Plague Papers, an ekphrastic e-anthology hosted by Poemeleon.
- Mon, Feb 15Online EventWith Robbi Nester, Amy Small-McKinney, Diana Henning, Judy Kronenfeld and Marjorie Maddox.
- Tue, Mar 03University of California Riverside ExtenThe Body at a Loss, a collection of poetry, is centered around the topics of illness and recovery and cancer and surgery and mothers and friends. In this presentation, I will talk about my books, about where my inspiration comes from, and you will learn some new strategies for getting your own story
- Wed, Feb 12UCRInlandia Institute panel reading and publishing talk.
- Sat, Sep 14Made.Support local artists! Support my local literary nonprofit! If you're in the Riverside area, stop by at 11 a.m. for a reading from my new book, The Body at a Loss, or stop in anytime during business hours that day (10 am - 6 pm) and pick something while giving back.
She's also led workshop for children at Foothill Country Day School in Claremont, CA and various schools in the Riverside Unified School District.
And she's developed and presented instructional materials for adults teaching poetry for young people through Riverside County Office of Education.
She is available for conferences, workshops, and events. Contact her here.